nervous about my eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mommy3, Jan 28, 2012.

1. mommy3

mommy3 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Plantsville, CT
    I have new hampshires that are 16 days in incubation. We candled them and several have large dark areas in them and on one side of the egg it looks empty. shouldn't the chick be taking up all of the egg space now with the exception of the air space at the bottom of the egg? Of course the eggs are brown so it is hard to see. My husband thinks I am being paranoid. I am just so worried. Would love to hear from the experts out there about what they have seen, I went on and saw a video of an egg at 16 days and you could see it moving all over the place, it was of course a white shell though, Thursday can not come fast enough for me now.[​IMG]

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I can't see Jack in my brown eggs. At day 16 the majority of your egg will be a black blob and will have a good sized air cell. You may not see a lot of movement partially because of the brown egg and partially because they just don't seem to have enough room to wriggle around. As much as I hate to, I agree with your husband.[​IMG]

3. tec27

tec27 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Calm the hell down and stop being paranoid lol. Im on my 6th big hatch and I'm still just like that. I candle literally every 12 hours. I have problems. Just chill out and let nature go. Theres nothing you can do now anyway. Good luck.

4. mommy3

mommy3 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Plantsville, CT
    Thanks everyone, I am glad to know that others get crazy like me! I know nature is out of my hands! I get so invested in the process!! Hopefully I will have good news by the end of the week! If not we will be looking for chicks![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by