Nervous Here!!! day 19 and got 2 pips and 1 rocking.

BackSwampGirl

Songster
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Richlands,NC 28574
I saw one rocking last night.So I got up this morning.And there are 2 little tiny pips,and one was rocking.They are silkies.This is new bator too,1588 Hovabator.I hope it does good!!!
fl.gif
idunno.gif
scared.Helpppp!!!!!!!,,Sandra

playingchicken is right, sit on those hands. The chicks know what to do ~ what a miracle, huh!

Good luck, and enjoy the incredible show!

I have a 1588 Hovabator.And i can`t get the humidity to go any higher than 51%.I called the man at GQF,and he said not to worry.It was not about the humidity,but how the hatch turned out.Go by the thermometer that came with it.But that does not make sense.I have put water in it and now i have a cup of water in it.It is day 19 and am I doing wrong.How to get the humidity to go up.It is silkie eggs,I don`t want them to drown,but I don`t want to them to dry out.How do u find out the humidity in there.I am worried about that.I got one of those kind from Walmart,(2).And they both read the same.Got water in bottom.Temp on 100 exactly.And holding.Took the red plug out,any suggestions.

I also have a 1588. I usually fill two of the channels on the bottom and then I put a damp wash cloth in. Not too damp though. Then I think that I was told to leave the plug in, but I think that's one of those things where everyone has a different opinion. I usually just stick a straw through the vent hole and squirt some water onto the cloth to keep the humidity up so I don't have to open it at all and my humidity has been at least 60.

We took a very sharp serrated knife and sliced new sponges in half (so we had two thinner sponges), and we put sections of those in the bottom wells of the incubator to add surface area for the water. This seems to help. Making them thinner ensures they don't touch the bottom of the eggs, but I'm not sure if this really matters.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom