Nervous Wreak--- The Waiting is Killing me!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ametauss, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ametauss

ametauss Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Supposedly I have two more weeks before the first pygmy doe is due and 4 weeks before the next two are due....

Lola - 1st pygmy is getting that hollowed out look and she had some hard crusty "plugs" on the end of her nipples which came off during my feeling her udder for fullness. Which by the way is really hard

Ella - 2nd pygmy is all lovey dovey which she would not let you touch her prior to Wed of last week. Her udder is really hard and she also had smaller crusty "plugs" on her nipples, she's hollowing out and has a clearish discharge and looks a bit swollen around her openings

Jasmine - 3rd pygmy has already had two previous sets of twins and she is fatter but not hollowed nor does she have udder fullness

I had my DS sleep in the barn Saturday night thinking it was going to happen since Ella was acting so strange but NOOOO.

All three are still jumping around and eating like horses (no offense meant to horses)....

I'm a first time goat mamma and I'm a nervous wreak... None of the three darlings would stand for me to be at their rear with the camera so I have no pictures that are worth anything a blurrrrr of a tail....

I've put Newt the billy in an outdoor dog run in the barn to keep him away from the girls as he was being a little bully to them and I was scared he might hurt them....

Anyone else ready to pull their hair out over worrying and waiting???

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. friendlyearth

friendlyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Yes, nervous because we are so not ready!! Lights and plugs were supposed to be in the barn last weekend, but my husband wasn't feeling well so nothing got done. Don't have a stall we can close her in. She is noisy today and lost her mucus plus. Baby monitor set up, but need another extension cord so the chickens can have their light and we can have the baby monitor. Bought straw today - rebecca put down in a stall. Going to get another extension cord and spotlight when Rebecca is at her riding lesson. She doesn't want to go, but I don't think we are that close. Will have the neighbor check on her in a few hours.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  3. hollyk

hollyk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Canton, Texas
    I don't have any that close yet, but I know how you feel. Last spring we kept putting our doe up because she kept showing us "signs". They will keep you guessing! But, don't worry it will all go fine. [​IMG]

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I am soo with you on the worrying and waiting.

My Alpine is due April 4th BUT .. she's already getting huge and pinker and this is my first year with kids too. What's she doing to me?[​IMG]

I won't even mention (ok, so I will mention it) my Nubian who was with a buck for six weeks before I got her and then... I had a buck here two months later and he was all over her???? She was supposed to be bred months before that boy was here (he was here for a different doe) ... argh!!!! I'll be on kid watch with her for almost three months. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by