Nest box plans, pictures, drawings or anything

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by FF, Jan 27, 2010.

1. FF

FF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    Hi. Does anyone have any quick nest box plans or drawings or even pictures for about 25-30 layers? If you just post a picture of ones you all have made or even a drawing you have will be perfectly fine. If you don't mind I will use your plans for myself and chickens. Thank you

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

You only need 1 nestbox per 4-5 hens. I only have pictures of my first 4,I added 3 more but there rarely used(and yes their is cats in 3 of them and a WL in the 4th):
    [​IMG]

3. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
  4. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    I use old milk crates that I got for free from the in laws. I do not reccomend using cardboard boxes, I tried that and the little buggers ate it! You can also use a 5 gal bucket that you anchor onto the wall.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Covered cat litter boxes are great - they're plastic and clean easily. Nice privacy for the hens.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  6. Keri78

Keri78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    NJ
    Hi There! Here's are some pics of my barn and my tractors. My barn does have "nesting boxes" my tractors just have one big box that is for eating sleeping and laying. In the barn they mostly prefer to lay eggs on the shelf that wraps around the inside of the barn? They roost on one section of the "shelf" that's where I've put the laminate stick tiles down for easy clean up and the rest of the shelf is covered with hay which is where they like to lay. Go Figure? Blessings,Keri

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    I plan on using 7 5-gallon buckets for my 25 birds in a design similar to this minus the top 3 buckets:

[​IMG]

I like this 'cause I have a lot of them around my house!

8. FF

FF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    Hello everyone. Sorry for not getting back. I have been on here but have completely forgot about this here post. Again I am sorry. Thank you all so much for the pictures. I truthfully don't know which one to choose. I have seen alot of good ideas but I don't know which one. I like the tractor, and the nests that opa and cat critters made because they look nice and easy to build. i like the tractor nests too. I also really really like the 5 gallon buckets. I hvae a bunch of them round here too. Smart idea. I truthfully don't know which one to make. well hopefully by tomorrow when I come home, I will have made a decision. I sure do thank you all for your nice and kind help. You just put too many good ideas out though:lau I just joking. Thank you and have a good night!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by