Nest Box Question

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tpeila, Aug 5, 2011.

1. tpeila

tpeila Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2010
    University Place, WA
    Do nest boxes have to wood tall wood between them?
    I made our with 2x4's there are 3 boxes next together but no "divider" tall between them.

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are asking if they have to be connected, then no, they don't.

3. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

you don't have too but it is better if you have divider, so you don't get pecking. [​IMG]

4. tpeila

Jul 19, 2010
    University Place, WA
    That answered my question. They are all connected there is just no like plywood "divider" standing up in between them.

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Hens like privacy...when I tried that mine started finding other places to lay their eggs. A good nest box length width would be a 12X12 with a divider. Other wise they may just find their own privacy out in the yard or someplace you may not find the eggs [​IMG]

6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

7. tpeila

Jul 19, 2010
    University Place, WA
    Ok adding dividers Sunday! They should start laying any day now! Guess I should give them their privacy!

8. dancingsquirrel

dancingsquirrel Out Of The Brooder

I was just coming on her to ask this! Thanks OP for your question, and thanks for all the answers! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by