nest under the poop tray

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by crazyhen, Nov 26, 2012.

1. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Hi everyone,
    Does anyone have their nest under a poop tray that is accessable from the outside through small doors? I am going to do that and need a picture to show my hb how I want it. A Picture would be great. Thanks Gloria Jean

2. Jakoda

Jakoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    [​IMG]

Above is a picture of my nesting boxes under my poop board, below is the other side (this was when my coop was a work in progress) which is on the inside of my shed vs outside.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately my 'dutch barn' which this building is was demolished thanks to Storm Sandy:( so I have to rebuild this spring, My plan is to expand my poop board/ roost to run the entire length of the nesting boxes I put in, same design (boxes under poop board access the same as above)

In a way, I'm happy to rebuild because I will do things differently and get to expand:

3. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Thanks so much, but mine will be entirely under the tray and will have doors on the outside of the building flat with the siding.. I guess its my own hair brained scheme. When i get it done. I will try to post a pic. Thanks again, Gloria Jean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by