Nettie, are you out there? Are you okay?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by iamcuriositycat, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    A lot of people are worried about you in regard to what's going on at your website and Facebook. If you're around, please post and let us know you're okay. And if we can help in any way... let us know. Please. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Yes! We are here for you! [​IMG]

3. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    yah i was wondering the same thing. Yikies

5. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I have no idea what we are talking about or who nettie is, but if she is a BYCer im here for you to nettie [​IMG]

I have a feeling this is about indoor ducks.com right?

6. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Why doesnt someone pm her? I would but I dont know who she is.

7. iamcuriositycat

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Quote:Nettie has been a huge help to a lot of folks wanting to keep ducks indoors, and has always provided advice and support freely and generously on these forums. A lot of people are very fond of her. I don't keep ducks indoors so I haven't had a lot of direct contact with Nettie, but it's hard not to notice her welcoming and friendly presence here. And yes, it has to do with whatever the heck is going on at the indoor ducks site.

8. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

9. iamcuriositycat

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Quote:Great idea. Anyone here been in touch with her before and want to take the lead on that? She probably wouldn't know me from adam...

I don't know ANY details here, of course, but I always worry when I see things like this. I have known several women, very closely, who have been in abusive relationships and this is often what it looks like. The men they trusted take over their accounts and abuse them publicly on-line, and it's often very hard for them to get back on their feet. Also, if someone is interfering with her accounts, a PM may not work because she may not have access to her own account. So if she's out there, even if she has to log in under another name, I hope she'll come on and see that we all care and are here to support her.

Obviously, there may be a whole other story here that we are missing, so who knows what developments may occur. I just hope Nettie is safe and that all involved get the help they need and a peaceful resolution to what looks like a rather unpleasant situation. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Nettie has been a huge help to a lot of folks wanting to keep ducks indoors, and has always provided advice and support freely and generously on these forums. A lot of people are very fond of her. I don't keep ducks indoors so I haven't had a lot of direct contact with Nettie, but it's hard not to notice her welcoming and friendly presence here. And yes, it has to do with whatever the heck is going on at the indoor ducks site.

Yes, when i first jonied BYC i almost allways posted here! I remeber she used to post a lot, have not seen much of her latley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by