1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Never again!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by duckinnut, Dec 4, 2011.

1. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    I have a confession to make. Yesterday morn went on a duck hunt with a couple of friends and after the hunt we went for breakfast....you can see where this is going. I went in with full intention not to order eggs but long before chickens entered my life I always ordered the same omelette(chorizo and cheddar). But I figured this was going to be in the name of science and and I could be objective so I went ahead an ordered it. I may be biased but it was not appealing at all, the flavor was almost non-exsistent and the color was a pale yellow at best. Maybe its just me and I know how we perceive color as it relates to taste go hand in hand but it was just not palatable. My buddy ordered over-easy and when he broke the yolks they were a lemon chiffon color and almost translucent and really watery. [​IMG]

I just can't understand how people can say there is no difference between farm fresh and commercial eggs but will atribute their unknowing to lack of knowledge. Next time its oatmeal, NEVER AGAIN![​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thankfully, we live close to a small family run restaurant that uses good, fresh, golden yolked, free range eggs. This is the only place that I order eggs when we eat out.

3. goldies99

goldies99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    i hear ya duck!....my kid said the same thing!...she will NEVER eat a store bought egg again!!!!

4. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I've eaten eggs out a couple of times when I ordered without thinking.
    Never again here either.

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I never order eggs in restaurants, they have always made my belly hurt the rest of the day. I just thought I didn't like eggs til I got my own hens. My eggs don't give me a stomachache all day and I eat them almost every day now.

6. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    I made that mistake about a year ago. So when my entire flock started molting, I had to trade my neighbors some feed for eggs. Lucky for me my neighbors understand.

7. trailchick

trailchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I work in an institution kitchen, that feeds about 1300 on a daily basis.
    The eggs for used for scrambling and cooking come in a bag already mixed.
    The only eggs straight from the shell are the egg salad, fried eggs, or boiled....
    I imagine many restaurants use that same form for convenience.

8. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    Quote:x2

9. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    I would rather do without than eat "sweatshop" eggs.

10. checoukan

checoukan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Columbus, Ks.
    can't stand them, order pancakes the next time with sausage!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by