1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Never been this crazy before....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Autumnfae611, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Autumnfae611

Autumnfae611 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2016
    Hello- I am new to posting to this forum although I have been a lurker for quite some time. I live on a farm where we frequently have hatched chickens and it really has not been that big of a deal. This past October I took a job a manager of a daycare facility and recently my staff have asked me to hatch chickens at the school for the kids. Today is day 21, and I have turned into a crazy person. I obsessively look into the incubator. (through the window i don't open it.) I dont know if it is because of the pressure of the kids or what. haha. I have a styro incubator, have kept the temp stable at 99.5 throughout. The humidity between 40% and 50% and now have had it between 60 and 75% for lock down. I have candled and the egg cells looked good. And i have three that have been rocking back and forth consistently. Am I the only one who obsesses waiting for that first pip? I feel like I am a Grandma waiting for her daughter to have the baby. *sigh*

2. Autumnfae611

Autumnfae611 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2016
    Just came back, still wiggling. But no peeping or pips!!!!! Where is the fast forward button?

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    [​IMG] Good luck! Hope you see some pips soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by