Never have Saw My Birds Throw down like this in Forever!(And another question)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LoveThemBirds, Mar 20, 2015.

1. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    Buffy and our EE,Luna,threw down today.It happen while free ranging,and I was sitting down watching the birds dustbath.Generally,Buffy knows Luna is infront of her in the pecking order,but,today I guess she forgot,or didn't care.Never even knew Luna had the heart,nor bravery to throw down like that.Never REALLY knew hens who have lived with eachother for a year now,would throw down like they did.Scared me because Luna was all puffed up,wings open,jumping at Buffy's face,Buffy jumping around,huge manes open up,it was crazy!(Not a Question,just story.)

Question:My hen is closing her eye a lot,any idea?

2. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    If it was one of the 2 hens that threw down, then she probably either got some dirt in it or it got scratched. For now just keep your eye on it, if it is a scratched cornea there isn't a whole lot you can do. It should heal up in a week or 2, if it doesn't it would probably require vet care and antibiotic eye drops.

3. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    It is another hen.....

4. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    I would still give you the same advice, they can scratch them pretty easily.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by