Never incubated before know nothing about one

Mattsiewrt94

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 5, 2013

These are the ones i was thinking about buying what do you do or gotta do can someone explain the whole process to it and tell me which one is the best out of these

I would go for either of the first 2 because they will not be as limiting in the size of your hatches. Everybody loves the Brinsea, and say they are easy to use and give great hatches. I would not choose the cheaper still air because you are likely to have temp variations within the incubator, depending on egg placement. My incubator is home made, with 2 40W bulbs, a thermostat and a computer fan. It's only run yielded 5/6 healthy chicks hatched. It will get a more serious trial in a few weeks when I incubate 18 - 24 eggs in it. Good luck with your choice and with your hatch.

I just posted on your other thread.
tongue.png

I have a Farm Innovators, but I have the 4200 pro series with turner. I like it. I have seen some neg stuff about them, but most of that was in regards to the built in temp/humidity gauges not being accurate. I just purchased a digital one. Holds temps well, with 0.5 degree fluctuation (99.3-99.7), humidity maintains well too.

Can't give much more info on results of hatch because I am just now incubating for the first time ever, on day 16.

What do you do like how do you put the eggs and all that just break the process down if you could lol and I yeah I made 2 because no one replied to this one haha

I have a turner, in a turner you place eggs big end up. No turner, place eggs on their sides. Recommended not to set extremely dirty eggs (brush off any dirt or poo the best you can), I have read difference on whether to wash or not wash, I don't personally wash.

I would set your bator up once you get it and allow it to regulate temperature for a couple days before adding eggs. Temp will drop when you put them in but allow it to come back up on it's own. always best to check temp/humidity on more than one gauge since some that are part of the bator aren't always very accurate.

Temps depend on type of bator, still air or forced air.

This page is very informative! https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/how-to-incubate-hatch-eggs-using-the-dry-incubation-method

You can also "search" with key words and get loads of different advice, opinions, and read other's experiences.

Back
Top Bottom