Never Knew It Was So Exciting!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Barnett_Farms, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Barnett_Farms

Barnett_Farms Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2008
    South Central Michigan
    My name is Naomi and I live in South Central Michigan. Just bought my first hens and oh my gosh they are so exciting!! Got them here New Years Day and have already gotten 7 eggs!!!! I never thought I would get so excited over something so simple!! My neighbor lady had never had fresh eggs and now I can't keep her away....I'll have to keep my eye on her [​IMG] I am hoping to get a Roo here soon

So far I have 3 ISA Browns, 3 Australorps, and 1 Auraucana. Very friendly girls happy as can be and always talking when I go out to see them.

Thanks for listening!!

2. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Welcome, Naomi! Join the club, we all get excited by simple things here. Eggs, little fluffy butts, big hen fluffy butts...........[​IMG]

Paula

3. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    [​IMG]

Welcome Naomi!
    I don't get it either but it is exciting, eggs, baby chicks, and life just seems better when the hens are quietly clucking away!

4. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    and let the fun begin !!! oh and Welcome...no one will understand you more than us BYCers we too feel your excitment....

5. Barnett_Farms

Dec 31, 2008
    South Central Michigan
    Quote:paula where at in LA are you? I moved here to MI from Downsville, LA last year. I sure do wish I was there now. Brrrrrrr......it's so cold here [​IMG]

6. Barnett_Farms

Dec 31, 2008
    South Central Michigan
    Thank you everyone for replying!!!

7. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    [​IMG]

Exciting indeed [​IMG]

8. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    [​IMG]

Welcome to BTC!!![​IMG]

I don't have chickens yet, but have been hanging out here for several months!! There is SSOOOOO much knowledge here!! Ask a question -- you are SURE to get an answer!!

Can't believe that there are over 20 thousand people on this site that CARE about chickens!!

Cindy

9. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Welcome to our group, I wish you will have a lot of fun, and be careful I started with 7 chicken now I have 25 birds, and two coops.
    [​IMG]
    Omran

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] You are all ready addicted! Good for you! Chickens are awesome. Good entertainment, good company, and good eggs!!! Welcome and I hope to see you here more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by