Never mind Chicken Anonymous, how about BYC Anonymous

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 4 luv of eggs, May 22, 2010.

1. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    My name is Denise and I am a BYC addict!

I am here everyday since I've found this place. I start my day with it and end my day here....and in between, I jump in as often as I can. Since the first of April, everything has changed for me with the addition of my first 6 fuzzbutts. I now live, breathe (literally) and sleep chickens. I relay stories I read here to anyone who will listen and am completely boring all I come in contact with who isn't involved in this. [​IMG] I just e-mailed my sister and had more to say about my chickens than my two grandchildren. That's just sad. That's when I realized I'm getting completely obsessed with my chicklets.

I am hoping that I am not alone here. Please tell me that there are others out there that are addicted to this forum. [​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Hey, you aren't half as addicted as I am! [​IMG]

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    You are not alone........you are SO not alone!

4. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I am Tammy K. (aka HenZ) and I am a BYC addict as well. I love chickens and have my whole life. I do not spend as much time on here as I did at first, I HAD an intervention. Nah, but in the winter months and when I first found BYC, I was on here hours a day, literally. Now, I just do my "research" and check in once every few days. I LOVE this forum, and the people here.

5. Tamrajh

Tamrajh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    West Haven
    My name is Tamra, and I'm a BYC addict.
    I worry that I post too much and people will get sick of me thinking "Doesn't this woman have a life?" "Is she preoccupied with BYC and chickens?"
    I love reading all the stories and have learned so much on here. I met a woman yesterday whom I bought 5 chickens from and we talked for an hour about this chicken and that and what they do and on and on and eventually got around to BYC. She's an addict too even though she's quitting the chicken business (don't understand how that is going to work. She's keeping her chicken coop!)
    One question I hate at night "What are you doing?" That means I have to admit that I am, once again, either reading or posting about chickens. I've even begun taking photos of eggs and posting them on Facebook.
    I'm with you, someone else speak up please. Admit your disease. [​IMG]

6. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:I don't think that about anyone. If I thought that of you, it would be like the pot calling the kettle black. [​IMG]

7. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Quote:I had to laugh. When my grown daughter pops over I minimize the browser so she doesn't see how obsessed I am. Ah, but I have her 3 year old daughter on my side. [​IMG] She comes over (I live in an in-law suite, sort of) and we pick a chick and the three of us cuddle in the recliner. You can't beat that.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by