Never saw this one before...?

Cynthia12

Always Grateful
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Utah
I received some hatching eggs through the mail..one was huge! I candle on the second day to see how the air sacs look, they show up pretty good by then if they are overly big..or all the way up the side of the egg..anyway, this one has an ok air sac, but there is a watery looking bubble on the top of the egg? Anyone else see this..and I'm assuming it's bad?
Thanks!

I've never seen that but I know I would put it in the bator and check it after 10 days. It never hurts and you may get a beautiful chick from it.

Quote:
Thanks. I thought the same thing. It is a light blue..so, I should be able to see the veins by then. The lighter eggs are so much easier than say...the Welsummers' or Marans'.
smile.png

Well, none of my Ameraucana eggs worked out.
hit.gif
But, the gal that sold them to me was great and is returning my money. She was fast to act on this too..as today I e-mailed her about it, and she e-mailed back and said sorry, hers were hatching at home, but would fix the problem in the a.m. It's always nice to work with honest people. Sad that the eggs didn't work out, but my first bad hatching eggs, and probable cause I'm sure is postal handling..or even x-ray.
I do have some Blue and Spash Marans going into lock down this Sat...so I am happy that I have some babies on the way.
yippiechickie.gif

Broken air sac's are often common place in shipped eggs. Often broken air sac'ed eggs don't make it to the end. The seller is very nice in refunding your cost of eggs! Most will at most send another shipment for cost of shipping, if that.

Back
Top Bottom