Never thought I'd love chickens so much!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChxLadyCass, Mar 2, 2017.

1. ChxLadyCass

ChxLadyCass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2017
    La Junta, CO
    Hello community!

I have recently "adopted" my boyfriend's chcickebs that he bought for his daughter. When I first met the chickens I was afraid of them and did not like them much at all. Fast forward to a year later, I have bought 5 young hens to add to the flock and call them all my own. I check on them and mess with them 2-3 times a day even though they do not live at my house! Too much?

I have been on Pinterest and read tons of blogs and the best information comes from here! I have also burnt my family and friends out on talking about my sweet poultry and wanted a new place to chat about their behavior, their trials and tribulations and the joys of interacting with them!

I have many a question, but will leave my introduction here and start browsing! So great to join you all!

All my love for chickens,
    Cass

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Welcome,
    You came to the right place.

3. CP Chicken

CP Chicken Crazy about Turkens

Feb 25, 2017
    Gallifrey
    Welcome to BYC! :welcome

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Cass, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! I think you will find BYC to be a friendly and helpful place!! Best of luck to you! [​IMG]

5. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC, Cass! You definitely came to the right place! It's great to have you with us. :)

6. LovelyChicks130

LovelyChicks130 Just Hatched

Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan
    I loved and wanted them so much, I moved to where it was legal for me to have them! You're in the right place!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Cass [​IMG] Welcome!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Cass, nice to meet you. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

9. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Cass, you'll always find someone here to talk chicken with!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by