NEVER underestimated the power of a PO'd woman!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
While grocery shopping this afternoon I got a call from a co-worker informing me that I had to attend a training session this evening from 6 pm to 10 pm to get recertified for CPR and defensive driving. They gave us 3 hours notice! My boss has known about it since last week but forgot to mention it to us, the employees and she's called in sick yesterday and today! I was so mad :thun I was still steaming at 4 when a very nasty thunderstorm went thru here traveling @ 60 mph and that made me even madder because it meant leaving Charlie Girl alone and my big brave girl isn't afraid of much, but she is terrified of t-storms. I got dressed, left a stereo on for Charlie to help cover the noise of the storm, and off I went; cursing the whole way.
As I was driving thru our woods I'm still cursing and thought...wouldn't it be nice if a big ol' tree fell across our road and I couldn't go to this *&^#!#* training. Well I rounded a curve and guess what? Thank you Mother Nature and thank you Mr. Cedar for giving your life for me! I took a pic of it with my phone and sent it to my SO. He called me and told me to turn around and go back to the house. I'm stuck here at home now until he gets off @ midnight and I couldn't be happier.
ya.gif

Quote:
Actually I have to have it yearly, along with alot of other courses as a requirement for work. That's the other thing I forgot to mention. Our certificatin doesn't even expire until May!
I am soooo looking forward to my SO retiring in 2 yrs., because my car will be paid off by then and I'm seriously thinking of retiring right along with him.

Unfortunately some CPR trainers are BORING! I'm hoping to get my certification soon as a trainer and I hope I'm not as boring! The trainers I had were excellent. At least it's only one night now. CPR training used to be 6 hours instead of 3...well at least here in NJ. My defensive driving course was 6 hours though. It was actually better than my driving ed class. Great insurance reduction for me! I also learned a lot of great driving tips, but I had an excellent instructor for that as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom