New 2 BYC:):):):) ALABAMA Yard Bird:):):):)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by alabamayardbird, Jul 16, 2011.

1. alabamayardbird

alabamayardbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Winfield, AL
    First let me THANK YOU "BYC", and anyone who has played a part in making this site what it is THANK Y'ALL!!!!!

Ok My name is Danny I live in Alabama , Me my wife and kids own 16 Hens and 1 Roo we bought them at our Feed and Seed they called them Rhode Island Reds but the more I read I think that they may be production reds ??? But we love them no matter what . They lay tasty eggs and do a fine job on unwanted bugs in the yard and i love to hear the rooster crow and its a good thing because he crows day and night. I would like to have a flock of Welsumers if anyone has any info on where i could find them please let me know. THANKS....

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] Danny! Glad to have you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
  4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

6. ashleylancaster

ashleylancaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    A BIG [​IMG] FROM FRANKLIN COUNTY ALABAMA!

7. bensteph821

bensteph821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Easton Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome! Pennsylvania here...I am new here as well...started a farm rather quickly and now have around 30 chickens, 1 emu, 6 Ostrich, 4 goats and 2 sheep and loving it... we have one wellsummer and she is a great hen. Shes a little jumpy when I scare her out of her nest but I think thats because of where we got her from. They would chase her around...Again welcome! good luck..[​IMG]

8. alabamayardbird

alabamayardbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Winfield, AL
    Thanks 4 the welcome msg's...... I found this site this morning and since then i cant quit reading all the info on here ..... IT IS NICE TO KNOW I'M NOT ALONE WHEN IT COMES TO MY LOVE FOR THE YARDBIRD!!!! Taking care of, feeding, watching, eating their eggs, and eating them ....

9. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    Oooh! I love welsummers! We are mainly a welsummer farm. I hope you get some!

<---- See this rooster to my left? He's a welsummer!

[​IMG]

10. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by