New 2 chickens

Buckhowdy

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 14, 2014
I'm almost finished with fencing the yard. I have 17 chicks due by mail October 3. Checked with animal control who told me I could have 22. Now I need to build a coop and a run. Can't wait to switch from store bought eggs to backyard eggs! This is a great site!!

Brian

Hello Brian and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Yes, nothing better than home grown eggs!! You do sound egg-cited!!

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning. If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your soon to be new flock, hope they all arrive safely!

Welcome to BYC, Brian. Glad you decided to join our flock. Good luck in getting your coop finished. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chicks are you getting?

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I saw two racoon in my backyard recently. Should I go all fort Knox and use cyclone fence or welded wire on the run? Or just make sure they're in the coop after dark? Also, I landscaped my yard with half inch gravel. Should I remove that in the run or just leave it there? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom