New 2014 Southern California Thread & Meet-Up!!!!

Critter Crue

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 8, 2013
So. Cal
Hi all, I am located in Pomona and have only been keeping chickens since 7/2013. I haven't many like-minded friends and would love to see who's out there.

I am teamed up with a friend, Carriebain on here, hatching out some eggs. We just hatched some Croad Langshans which are on the Livestock Conservancy website Threatened Heritage Breed List. Super excited to have added a few more to the world.

Aren't they adorable!!!!

We participated in the Easter-Hatch-Along with 48 eggs. 40 went into lockdown and we had 26 hatch. Unfortunately we lost 4 shortly after hatch and are facing up to 4 more likely to not make it through their first week. But we still have a dozen or so that are for sale. Here is the link to the ad:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/874529/croad-langshan-assorted-chicks-for-sale-in-so-ca

I have never been able to make it to the other SO. CA meet-ups and have decided to host one at my house on Saturday, May 31st. Doors open at 10 am. Is there anyone out there that would be interested in attending? I have a large, grassy backyard and big covered patio (bigger than most 2 car garages). If you have a dog you'd like to bring, they just need to be friendly with a big dog and a couple of cats (and chickens of course)

I'll put out some light fair, ice water and iced tea. Feel free to bring something to add to the table.

Bring your chicks for sale and any wares you offer too.

PM me for the address.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom