New (24hrs) Very Sleepy Chick!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lady and her girls, Dec 17, 2009.

1. lady and her girls

lady and her girls Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2009
    ohio
    I am a new to hatching my own chick. But this one seems very sleepy all the time. I figured after 24hrs that he would be up and running by now? Is he ok, do i need to do something or am I worried for nothing.[​IMG]

2. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    they sleep a whole lot when there young, they also sleep in weird postions to make you think they ve died so you freak out when you see em then you wke em up seein if they are ok

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i wouldn't worry. They do sleep a lot for the first few days after hatching.

4. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    My Golden Laced Wyandotte slept all of the time. She would get up and eat and get a quick drink then back in the corner to sleep she would go. I took a little seringe (for childrens meds) put a little pinch of sugar in a cup of water mixed that really well then put some in the seringe. I then held it over the chick and let it drop on her beak. That helped give her a little extra boost. She still slept a lot but in the end was fine and healthy just a sleepy chick.

5. ParadisePoultry

ParadisePoultry Hey, I'm WALKIN' here !

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
    My avatar is a picture of a very sleepy chick. Thought it was so cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by