New 5 month old blue Andalusian rooster

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shepherdmomma, Sep 6, 2016.

1. shepherdmomma

shepherdmomma New Egg

Sep 6, 2016
    Cumberland VA
    Just bought a new blue Andalusian rooster I have put him in a small cage because he was freaking out ideally I would like to introduce him to my girls but don't know the way to get him to calm down any help in this would be much appreciated. His wings are clipped. He'll be going in with araucana hens white leghorn hens and buff orpington hens. My older girls and rooster have already been separated into another coop adjacent to the larger coop. Is this gonna be an issue???

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  4. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    After quarantine if you can pen him next to your hens for a few days then just let them out together. Do your hens free range? I've introduced roosters that way and so have others I've known and there has never been a problem.
    Sometimes the rooster may want to go back to his cage for a night or two but usually either right away or after a very few days he will follow the hens into their coop.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. I think the best integration method is called "The look but don't touch," method. If you put that in the search box it should come up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by