New 5 Wk Old Scovies - Pics

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ~*Sweet Cheeks*~, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    Hi all -

I'm doing what many of you have - start out with the chickens and then add ducks.

I picked up three 5 wk old scovies from someone on Craigslist last weekend who wanted to sell them before they too got picked off at night by owls like the other 11 sibblings. They are on a lovely little spring fed lake in the woods. (Felt a little guilty taking them to my 12 x 12 covered duck run with kiddy pool).

The mom is average sized black & white - dad is HUGE gray. Wished I had taken my camera for pics.

The gal thinks I got 2 hens 1 drake based on their size. One is larger than the rest. I've been reading up on sexing but having trouble telling what I do indeed have. Their tales seem to all be the same rounded rather than pointy.

Not easy to get picks of tails or feet because they were hen raised on lake, so not people friendly yet. They are a little more social since I added five little 3 wk old silver appleyard bantums and call ducks that were also hen raised but are friendlier.

What do you all think?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    They are very pretty [​IMG]
    Luurve their colours. I want coloured scovies because mine are all white [​IMG]
    Yours are very good looking, love to see some pic's when they are older. Are you going to breed them for some babies when they grow up?

Love the one standing up on the second photo!! [​IMG]

3. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    They are so pretty! Good luck with them, muscovies are going to be the next breed I get to add to my little flock. By the way--I love your quote!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by