New 8 x 12 Bantam Coop *New Additions-Post 244~ 6/2*

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
This 12'x15' plot of ground that has never been any good for strawberries will be my new bantam coop and covered pen! I'm collecting ideas now for the actual design. Must collect wood and supplies for it now.

348_dscn0896.jpg

348_dscn0897.jpg

This coop in particular appeals to me from baldessariclan's coop page, the Witchita Cabin Coop, but knowing my DH, he'll decide to try something crazy, LOL:

66725_2010_chicken_coop_project_07-19-2010_012.jpg

Last edited:
See the three huge oaks behind it? We call them The Three Sisters. DH plans to take them down, or at least a couple of them, so there will be some sun in winter. To the left side is our south facing slope so it gets great sun in winter and I'll put a good window or two on that side.

Awesome news Cyn! I hope you can keep a leash on Tom long enough to get exactly the coop you want.
gig.gif
I know how these menfolk can be. Tell them you want just a simple shelf installed in the pantry, and the next thing ya know, they've gone and installed an entire wall of built in cabinetry!!
lol.png

Just my two cents worth here about The Three Sisters: Are you really sure you want to take those down? It seems to me that in the winter, with their leaves all down, that they wouldn't cast all that much of a shadow, while in the hot summer months, they might be just what you need to help keep the coop cool. Just thinking out loud here. I know that our trees that are on the west side of anything out here are our most valued for their cool shade in the hottest part of a summer afternoon.

How big is the coop going to be Cyn? How many will it house? Taking into account that it takes two bantams to make one LF chicken!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom