New addition!!!!!! So excited! šŸ„°šŸ“

Feb 17, 2021
Somewhere down in Texas
Hi everyone! My aunt has about 16 chickens, and she is giving me one! She is 18.5 weeks old and from TSC. I would rather her be from a different source, but itā€™s alright. My old chickens were from TSC. I went with her and actually picked her out, so Iā€™m sooooo happy Iā€™m taking her! She is a Langshan and will hopefully be laying soon. She is so sweet and I canā€™t wait to pick her up tomorrow! She doesnā€™t have a name, so any suggestions are appreciated!

9122C791-56C7-49C7-A18D-651AB6A7D215.jpeg

Oh they are so different from other chickens iv had but even though as a family we have had chickens for over 40 years its probably 30 years since i have been involved myself and the ayams are a perfect breed to start with as they have bags of personality and are so friendly, they have really drawn me back into chickens with a passion. I hope you manage to find some more soon. Im fortunate in the uk they are not too bad price wise Ā£20 to Ā£40 for a good quality little bird. I believe they are far dearer in the states, personally my thinking would be if you really like them then encourage others to breed them by making them a price that everyone can afford to keep them! Spread the breed spread the joy. I have 2 ayam eggs and 3 derbyshire red caps that have gone into lockdown last night šŸ˜„šŸ˜šŸ˜†šŸ£šŸ£šŸ£šŸ£šŸ£šŸ„šŸ¤šŸ„šŸ¤šŸ„šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ˜„
Iā€™m thinking of buying some hatching eggs next year. Right now Iā€™m just focusing on my current chicks and my new girly. :)

6 and 7 weeks
Iā€™d keep them separated for a few weeks. Since your new bird is coming from a different flock she might need to be quarantined.
Then put them in the run but separated so they have a chance to get used to each other without contact. Although with just 1 and a bunch of littles there may be minimal issues.

Hi everyone! My aunt has about 16 chickens, and she is giving me one! She is 18.5 weeks old and from TSC. I would rather her be from a different source, but itā€™s alright. My old chickens were from TSC. I went with her and actually picked her out, so Iā€™m sooooo happy Iā€™m taking her! She is a Langshan and will hopefully be laying soon. She is so sweet and I canā€™t wait to pick her up tomorrow! She doesnā€™t have a name, so any suggestions are appreciated!
Amaya, meaning "black rain!"
I know a character named just Maya who is the queen of the night!

Back
Top Bottom