1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Addition to the Family Farm

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by urban escapee, Jan 17, 2012.

1. urban escapee

urban escapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    Went out to feed the goats this morning. As usual they all ran to the gate as I filled the bucket, they always crowd around like their starving, but alas they are fat as ticks. Tripping over them to get to one of the troughs, I splash the feed in and move on to the next, splash and go. I head over to the partially build goat shed and get ready to pour more feed in another pan, when I look up I had to stop dead in my tracks.
    I was greeted with the new face below, all I could do was stand there and smile and say “Well, HELLO!!”

Momma gave birth in the unfinished stall, so I had to move the baby and momma to the safe one and get her set up for a day of rain. LOL we thought we had another week to work on the barn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. americanvalkyrie

americanvalkyrie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2011
    Reno, NV
    So adorable!!! Congratulations!

3. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww!! [​IMG] I love baby goats so much!! If only I had room for a couple...

4. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Awwww [​IMG]

5. hilareee

hilareee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    santa cruz, ca
    how darling!!!

6. urban escapee

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    Thank you all. I was as tickled as I could be this morning. I am still in Awe of her :)

Her name is Eve for being the first born of our herd. Based on her birthdate, her momma was preggers when we got her and she looks to be part nubian, for which I am even more glad. I have been angling for a nubian for the goat milking opportunities.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I looove baby goats... [​IMG]

8. MrsKemmerlin

MrsKemmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    How incredibly cute! [​IMG] What an awesome way to start your morning! ...Although if you're anything like me, that would have been the end to the day, I wouldn't be able to keep myself away [​IMG]

9. urban escapee

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    LOL I have spent more time staring over the stall door in the last day and half than I have in the last month lmao

10. San

San Chillin' With My Peeps

Aww how sweet and adorable! Congrats on the little one!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by