New Additions! SO PRETTY! *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by DragonEggs, Jul 2, 2010.

1. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    I got a very beautiful young red shouldered yokahama pair yesterday! They are so sweet and so docile! They're bigger than all my other chickens (most of mine are banties) but even the youngest and smallest of my seramas boss them around.

The cockerel, already getting some long tail feathers.
    [​IMG]

The pullet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, last week I got couple of GLW chicks. Their wing feathers are showing some beautiful color! I've got 4 more chicks coming in a couple of weeks, 2 BLRW and 2 SLW. I'm going to have a colorful flock!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Those Yokohamas are gorgeous! [​IMG] You'll have to post some more pics when they are fully grown! I have one GLW, used have two but one of them turned out overly aggressive so we rehomed her, and the one we have now is SOOOOOOOO sweet. She has gone broody before, but is really hard to hold.. I just love Wyandottes! My mom always says this, and it drives me crazy, but it is true: Wyandotte butts drive me nuts! Here is my baby, Audrey (named after Audrey Hepburn)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. DragonEggs

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    If my girls turn out half as pretty as yours I'd be happy! I just wanted some colorful hens that were good layers. I don't think you can ask for much better than a wyandotte!

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I know nothing about he Yoka. breed, but that color combination is just beautiful! Nice looking birds!

5. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Quote:Thank you! As far as I know, Audrey is a pretty good layer. The girl we rehomed, Ruby, laid an egg almost EVERY day! Her new owner says that she is doing well and is laying lots of eggs. I definitely want more Wyandottes, but we have ran out of room...[​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Really nice!

7. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    to the OP- how old are they?

8. DragonEggs

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    The yokahamas are 3-4 months old, the GLW are about a week old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by