1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New additions to our barn family- Lambs

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chicksnducks, Dec 21, 2007.

1. chicksnducks

chicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2007
    Durant OK
    OK so DH calls and tells me we are going to see a lady who has lambs. Of course they are soooo cute and sweet. My youngest, who is my co-farmer falls in love and DH says yes! so we now have Mary and Joseph (how appropriate considering the season!). They are eleven day old lambs. they have happily moved into the hen house with the chickens cause I wanted to keep them warm. so now what??? I need any info about lambs that you guys can share...like need to know stuff!!!
    otherwise I just wanted to share my wonderful news.....
    Merry Christmas to all the other animal lovers out there!

2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    What a wonderful surprise!! You must be on cloud nine. I don't know the first thing about lambs, but can't wait to see pics. You are so blessed, Suz

3. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    Where are the pictures??!!! [​IMG]

4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Ditto!!
    Love the names! Our priest's wife got three lambs this fall. Two were raised by nuns and each year the all lambs' names have a theme. This year it was Creation so she has Adam and Luna. She had told me some of the others and I just can't remember them but yours would fit right in!

5. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    No fair I want lambs. google, baby lamb care and you should come up with some good informational sites.

6. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    I am not all that knowledgable on sheep but Denise had 4 of them at one time. Are your lambs a meat or wool kind? They are big time flock animals and the more of them the merrier. They tend to travel in groups. Denise's four went everywhere together! Beware sheep can graze a pasture down to nothing, so it is best if you can regulate their grazing. I am not a big fan of sheep and find them quite dull and will probably make your chickens seem like Einsteins lol. But some say they have a peaceful pressence about them. If your lambs are the wool kind they will have to be sheared evidently and you will probably have to find someone to do that.

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]
    Awwww where are the pictures? I wanna see the little sweet things!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by