New Additions!!

happyfarmer325

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 10, 2012
Central Oregon
Monday we are taking a short drive to pick up EIGHT new friends!! 4 Silkies and 4 Indian Runners! This has been a long time coming and we are just terribly excited! Woohoo!

yesss.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif

Had to share with the only people who might care, haha
tongue.png

Yay, thanks for all the enthusiasm! I will post pictures as soon as we get them. Silkie ducks for now, but hopefully silkie chickens in the near future! We need to grow our chicken flock, too, but are on a bit of a duck kick at the moment!
love.gif
Quack!

Congrats on your ducks. I got my ESQ silkie adults a few weeks ago from Holderreads. They are beautiful sweet little ducks. Please post picks. Here are mine.

[/IMG]

I have been hoping some other silkie owners would be on here to compare notes.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, they just have that silky, fluffy look to their feathers, mostly on the edge, and they are on the smaller side. We only have one Indian Runner and several Muscovies at the moment, so I am not yet an expert.. Very excited to learn though!

Also, the man of the house just informed me we will also be picking up 2 Muscovy hens tomorrow as well!! I have been praying for this since recent tragedies lead to a gender imbalance in the Muscovey flock (and our lonely Indian Runner), so it is a wonderful surprise.

Leaving bright and early tomorrow to bring our new friends home, can't wait for naming and photo-shoots!

Back
Top Bottom