1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Adopted Chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mommy2Blaze, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Mommy2Blaze

Mommy2Blaze Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Dalton, GA
    My neighbor called me and said he had a chick that needed a mama because the real mama wouldn't take care of it. Turns out this chick is the only one out of all of them who isn't yellow so maybe it is because she is different than the others. I am not sure how all that works. Anyway, she kept leaving this one by itself. So I of course said I would take it...[​IMG] I also asked if he would get one more and bring it to me tomorrow so Peep won't be alone. He has many, many chickens. I don't really know what Peep is but I do know the eggs that all of the babies hatched from came from the same chicken and all were green, he said the mama is an Aracauna. What do you think of Peep? She( [​IMG] ) is super cute and precious. 2 days old. I have seen her eat and drink and she is pooping normal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love this one, she fell asleep in my hand. Come on, say it with me now....awwwwwwwwwwww.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. krissteff

krissteff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Tennessee
    AWWWW! So sweet!
    [​IMG]

3. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

That is one cute, spoiled, sweet, cuddly, EE baby!

4. Mommy2Blaze

Mar 25, 2011
    Dalton, GA
    Yay! I was wanting an EE anyway!! Now to see what the other one will be when he brings Peep a friend. [​IMG][​IMG]

5. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    What great pictures! Little Peep is so lucky that you came to the rescue. She looks content and happy. Thanks for sharing your pics! [​IMG]

6. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

[​IMG]

7. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Awwww![​IMG]

8. Mommy2Blaze

Mar 25, 2011
    Dalton, GA
    Well, I am sorry to say Peep didn't make it. I had to leave for a while today and when I got home she was gone. Maybe she was just too far gone from being outside in the heat and the momma not taking care of her. I am not sure. She was peeping when I left but she was rather lethargic but I thought all chicks slept a bunch. She ate and drank. I feel like I should have done something but I don't know what I could have done. [​IMG]:hit

9. chicken_noob

chicken_noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Chehalis WA.
    Im sorry for this loss, but I commend you for taking on the rescue task.

10. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Quote:When you say she was gone do you mean she was dead? or she had dissapeared??? beacuse if she was just not there then you may still have hope...
    And sorry for your loss!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by