New adoptions, what breed is the rooster?

Congrats on your handsome new acquisition!
You've got a Easter Egger, Americana, or EE rooster- all different names for the same thing. Basically, he is a GORGEOUS mutt- and if he was a girl, he would probably lay blue or green eggs.
In my experience, they are gentle with their flock and good protectors, but are pretty wild- they are not fond of being held. Mine gave me a good run around the yard trying to catch him, but sat quite nicely in my arms when I finally caught up with him.
Well, good luck with your new handsome boy!

Ahhhh, so that's it. Thanks. I looked up Americana but the rooster didn't look like this. I guess I didn't look at enough pictures. Great. Now when people ask I won't sound like a dummy.

Quote:
Agree all the way. I was going to provide that link also. An EE is an Ameraucana or Araucana mixed with any other breed. They can come in as many colors and shapes you can think of. Most have cheecks, beards, green legs, and carry they blue egg gene (don't know the technical name). So basicaly an EE is a mutt with one of there parents being either a Ameraucana or Araucana.

First roo is an EE and second is a Speckled Sussex. Very nice looking birds.

That is one of the most beautiful EE roosters I have ever seen!
love.gif

I know what an Aracauna is (no tail, ALSO a blue or green egg layer, recognized pure breed), but I've never heard of an Ameraucana being used to tag anything else than an EE. Huh.
Sheesh, run-on sentence. Off to read that thread now.

Back
Top Bottom