New adventures...

WIfarmers

Hatching
Jan 14, 2019
Greetings to all!

(1) We are new to chickens and wanting to incorporate them into our greenhouse farming.

(2) No chicks yet. Still in the planning and building stages. Hope to start out with some soon.

(3) Looking at Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, and Rhode Island Red.

(4) We like farm fresh eggs. Would like to have our own here at home and in our farmer’s market. Also, aiming to have a more self-sustained farm by incorporating chickens in the natural fertilization process.

(5) Growing fruit trees, greenhouse veggies, and flowers on our lake house property. We simply have fun participating (sewing, observing, harvesting, and eating) in the beauty of God’s creation.

(6) Both of us (Steph and Chrissie) work in ministry. We enjoy the time with our kids and our labradoodle therapy dog. Farming, fishing, and boating are ways we relax outdoors.

(7) Actually, my mom is a part of this community and told me how wonderful y’all been in her journey of raising chickens.

Wonderful to be here. Looking forward to learning more about you and listening to your wisdom.

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-14_12-55-32.png
    upload_2019-1-14_12-55-32.png
    505 bytes · Views: 2
welcome to byc. i assume the name means your in wisconsin? plenty of breeders around wi, they have some awesome reds down in jefferson county (forget the hatchery name) all 3 of the breeds you mentioned fair well in the cold. although depending on the area you live perhaps you should think about new hampshire reds instead , they are still great egg layers but they tend to be heavier which is better for the cold winters. new hampshire reds were created by over time selected breeding of the rhode island reds.
View attachment 1642251

Back
Top Bottom