1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New again lol...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flocktastic, Feb 25, 2016.

1. flocktastic

flocktastic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    Hello!!! I came and posted many many months ago and we just got so wrapped up with life, I haven't been back for awhile!

So I thought I'd re-introduce myself...I live in North Texas and we finally expanded our flock once my husband built me a bigger coop. I've got 9 hens (varying breeds) and one rooster. (His name is Vincent VanCrow and he's a handsome, sweet guy!)

My husband grew up farming and still does to this day - I grew up experiencing my uncles farm in Oregon most summers. I just ordered my very first chicks from Meyer! I'm ecstatic...my husband thinks it's funny since this is nothing new to him lol But I LOVE my chickens!! And I love teaching my kids about them and letting them help me - from collecting the eggs to feeding, watering and cleaning the coop!

Excited for Chick Delivery Day (the week of March 15th):)[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. flocktastic

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    My almost finished new coop...built from scratch by my awesome husband! :)

[​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG] (Again, lol)

Cute picture, thanks for sharing it. And thanks for a very nice re-introduction, I can hear your enthusiasm loud and clear!

4. sarahandjay

sarahandjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome back!!! What chicks did you order from the hatchery?

5. flocktastic

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    Thank you for the re-welcome! [​IMG] lol

I got quite an assortment - while we love our eggs from our girls, I also enjoy chickens for so much more than eggs. My husband is the typical "animals for a purpose" farmer and doesn't really get attached to anything the same way I do.

As far as the order I placed, I ordered a couple of Australorp pullets...I also opted to get 15 pullets from their rainbow variety (that they choose) and also 5 rare breed, a golden laced Wyandotte pullet and 4 straight run orphans from their incubator clean outs.

We have a couple of coops on our property (64 acres) I'm excited to see what these chicks are as they grow. We will likely re-home a few (maybe lol)

Currently in our mature flock, I've got 4 black jersey giants, 1 black copper maran, an Easter egger, a buff Orpington & 3 barred rocks...woops...10...not 9...chicken math...it happens! Lol (the buff orp was a late edition and the youngest of them all) and then there's Vince. :)

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Nice assortment of breeds @flocktastic ! [​IMG]

7. flocktastic

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    Thank you!! We've got our hands full right now. My mother in law lives out there part time at her house on the property and her border collie has TEN puppies right now! (That we're basically caring for as our own lol) We've also got 3 cows and 2 calves...4 horses and a little filly. AND we're just about to start building our new, permanent house!

8. flocktastic

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    Ok forgive my newness again lol but I can see how I reply to threads that have already been started by someone but I can't find an option to start a new post in any of the forums...what am I missing? (I'm on the mobile version) and posting here was just a direct newbie link for posting an intro...hmmmmm...?

Edited: NEVERMIND!! Found it lol

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome back!

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. Glad you came back to roost. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by