1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Age Pet Fontana Chicken Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by annieb6152, Apr 3, 2016.

1. annieb6152

annieb6152 New Egg

Apr 3, 2016
    Does anyone have any experience with the Jumbo Fontana Chicken Barn by New Age Pets?

2. 0wen

0wen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2016
    Southwest Virginia
    Prefab coops from almost anywhere are going to be much smaller than expected and nowhere close to housing as many hens as suggested on their packaging. Durability and longevity are also questionable in most cases. While I don't have personal experience with this particular coop, I'd look at as many options as possible before ordering.

For a similar price, you could probably build something more secure and larger to house more birds, or the same amount of birds more comfortably.

For a relatively easy to build option, I'd look at "Chicken Mobile Stage Coach"... (I have the plans but have not built one personally)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by