New Ameraucana Babies (PICS)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by speckledhen, Nov 21, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

One each from Charlotte and Silver. The darker steel-gray one is Charlotte's and the light one is Silver's. It's lighter than its five day old sibling.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AND, six of their siblings plus two Blue Orps that just went into the hatcher. Today is Day 18, already ending. I had to wait for these to hatch then disinfect the shelf liner of the tray before placing the eggs in it.
    [​IMG]

2. Silkie_boi

Silkie_boi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2007
    AWWWW they're sooooo CUTE [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

good luck on the next hatch.

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    wow I said it before and I will say it again I really really love that silver color,
    I hope when I get eggs from you I get a few really nice looking silver babies- now I really cant wait till spring !!

Julie

4. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    Speckledhen,

Just curious, mind you, but are you going to keep all these chicks you are hatching?

Sara

5. speckledhen

Hi, Sara! No, I'm not keeping them all. I have someone who wants an Ameraucana and an Orp pullet, plus I'm giving an Ameraucana pullet to a friend and keeping one for myself out of the Ameraucanas. I just need to wait a few weeks to see which ones are girls. The Barred Rocks are much easier to sex so I already have two girls for that customer and will be hatching more of all three breeds in December, including some Ameraucanas from other lines, if I can get the eggs then. Any extras, roosters or pullets, will be sold. Why? Are you coming back for a visit soon, hmm? I might have something you want by January!

6. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    yes, I wouldn't mind coming back for some more. I would love to have some more blue, boys and/or girls. They are just too cute.

Sara

7. speckledhen

Tell you what, Sara. When I have these babies all sorted out and know how many girls/boys I've hatched of each, and have put aside the ones I need to hold onto, I'll let you know and you can have first choice of the extras, how's that?

8. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    Your an angel Cyn.[​IMG] I'll take any you are willing to sell.

9. speckledhen

That's awesome! I know you really appreciate these little ones. Let's hope I know who is who fairly quickly for a change!

10. Silkie_boi

Silkie_boi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2007
    God i so wish i was in america so i would be able to purchase some beautiful chicks/eggs. No one in Scotland seems to keep chickens unless its farms away in the country which dnt tend to sell them [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Can't seem to find any sellers in this area which is why im stuck to buying off ebay :S

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by