New and a little bewildered!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by duckstaposition, May 14, 2016.

1. duckstaposition

duckstaposition New Egg

May 14, 2016
    Hi all,

We have recently moved house and have inherited the four resident ducks (2m 2f) and we also four, five week old Golden Comets (1m 3f). We are both new to this type of thing and are desperate to get it right for the sake of these lovely animals. I have been lurking around this amazing mine of information for a while but thought it time to register to enable me to prize more specific information from the community and maybe get a little support, camaraderie, and reassurance where required. Lovely to meet you all and thank you for the priceless tidbits so far.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock! Please ask any questions you have, we've all been new to this wonderful hobby once. Have you looked at the Learning Center articles yet? There is a lot of good info there and we've created a section for poultry types other than chickens as well, for the duck, goose etc owners.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm old and still bewildered but, that seems to be my natural state. For duck questions I would recommend posting the "Duck thread." Put that in the search box and it will come up for you.[​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by