1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New and excited

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lovmychixs, Mar 12, 2016.

1. lovmychixs

lovmychixs New Egg

Mar 11, 2016
    Muskegon, MI
    Family of four just got our first chickens. 6 Orpingtons. It's been so exciting just to watch them. A month ago I would have thought it was like watching paint dry. Now, that we have them I can't stop. Their two weeks old and growing so fast. The kids named them: wing, patty, nugget, big booty Judy, stanky leg, and havnt named the last yet. Stanky leg has issues with pooping on himself that's where the name came from.. Can't wait to start on building the coop and watching our chix grow.

2. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
  3. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC and our family of wonderful chicken people! [​IMG] We love having you with us!

I know EXACTLY how you feel, especially since I just got my 7th brood of 24 chicks, a mix of bantam and large fowl. Watching my babies grow and feather out into friendly, stunning family pets is the most miraculous part of the process. Enjoy them as youngsters, because they change so fast, but also get ready for the most fun time to come: the adult years! That's by far my favorite stage. [​IMG]

-Alex

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. I appreciate your creativity. So many birds have the same name but, yours is the first "Big Booty Judy," I have ever encountered [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Glad you're enjoying chicken tv, they are fun to watch.

Thanks for joining us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by