New and interested in raising chickens!

emarshall1

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
Bakersfield
Recently went on a camping trip and meet some nice people who told us about this website.Getting a little bit closer to acquiring some chickens. Hoping I can become more informed.

welcome-byc.gif
Peruse the BYC website and you will be much more than "just informed," the sky is the limit . The Learning Center is a good place to start and then branch off to forums that meet your needs: raising chicks, incubating and hatching, coop building, emergencies & diseases, etc. etc.

Hi - I'm fairly new to chickens too. I inherited a flock of 6 over Memorial Day weekend. I was terrified that I would accidentally kill them or it would be too much work in addition to my family, other pets and my job! But they are much easier to care for than I originally thought, so don't be scared. But do the research so you know what you are getting into...are you okay with cleaning the coop? Two of my friends have recently gotten chickens because of us. I've learned a lot in the last two months and happy to help if you have any questions. My biggest advice is to make sure the coop works for your flock and for you (is it comfortable/safe for the chickens and easy to clean/feed/water for you?). Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom