New and just went into lockdown

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Outbackchick, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Outbackchick

Outbackchick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2011
    Hi everyone.. Thought I would introduce myself... Hi [​IMG] I along with my animal loving 12 yr old daughter are hatching our first lot of eggs in an incubator on our hobbyfarm and we have just done "lockdown".. We have 20 white leghorn x RIR eggs in there.. All I can do is wait now..Iv been learning lots from this forum an byc site and read about all the different things to look out for and do to get the best results for my muchloved chickens.. Iv also been reading abit on sexlink to try figure out what I'll get from the them 2 breeds and how to sex them once they are hatched.. And suggestions that you think would be helpful.. Either about hatching, breed I'll get or sexing would be appreciated [​IMG] I'm so excited to hopefully see healthy fluffy chicks by Friday!!

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello and welcome to BYC from Ohio! Good luck with your hatch.....I hope it's a great success!

Sharon

3. Outbackchick

Nov 20, 2011
    Hello from Australia...Thanks [​IMG]

4. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Welcome!!

I'm putting my eggs on lockdown today too- 5 are due on Thanksgiving, and 1 is due on Saturday.

I hope we get to see some cute chicks soon.

5. Outbackchick

Nov 20, 2011
    Hi!! I have 9 due on thursday and 11 on Friday [​IMG] I'm so excited and hoping Iv done everything right.. Waiting is gonna be hard.. Hope all goes well with your hatch too [​IMG]

6. I'm_gunna_do_it_anyway

I'm_gunna_do_it_anyway New Egg

Oct 28, 2011
    Welcome, from California! I just hatched my first batch about 8 days ago too. [​IMG]

Good luck with your hatch!

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Good luck! Hope ya'll have a great hatch [​IMG]

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop