New and looking for information

Adam n Angie

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 30, 2014
Sioux Falls
Hello,
We are new to this and want to find pullets from this area (East river South Dakota) instead of paying tons of shipping. We don't know where to look. Does anyone have any ideas. We also want to get to know people in the area that have the same interests as us. We're hoping to have the coop done this week.
Thanks!

Hello,
We are new to this and want to find pullets from this area (East river South Dakota) instead of paying tons of shipping. We don't know where to look. Does anyone have any ideas. We also want to get to know people in the area that have the same interests as us. We're hoping to have the coop done this week.
Thanks!

Welcome to BYC! Have you checked to see if there is a South Dakota thread in the "where am I, where are you" section (under "forum" at top of page? That's the best way to connect with people in your neck of the woods. Good luck in your venture.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X3 on posting on the South Dakota thread. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of pullets do you want?

I have posted in the South Dakota page also. We are in the border of Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska also. I could check them out also

We want calm egg layers. Thinking Orpington, Wyandotte,brahma, barred rock? I want a variety of pretty girls

I've had all of those breeds over the years. Orpingtons and Brahmas are very calm and gentle. I have occasionally had an aggressive Wyandotte or Barred Rock. Other standard breeds that are very calm and gentle are Australorps, Cochins, Sussex, and Faverolles.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Good luck finding these breeds. Orps are a great breed to keep. My Australorps are super docile, friendly and love to lap sit! Very hardy and great layers too.

Enjoy this new adventure and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom