1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New and need some answers

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by VixB86, Feb 26, 2015.

1. VixB86

VixB86 New Egg

Feb 26, 2015
    Hey everyone,

This is my first post on here and have a couple of questions. We have incubated and hatched some buff orpingtons (or believed BO). of the 8 eggs that were incubated 7 hatched. My questions are:
    1) what's the best method of sexing them, they are currently 3days old.
    And
    2) one of the chicks was born with splayed legs, is there anything we can do for it. Other than its legs its a very healthy chick

Thanks
    Victoria

2. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Here you go! http://www.poultryhelp.com/spraddle.html The treatment is simple and super easy!

You can find help like this in the future by using the excellent BYC "search" feature at the top of every page. Just type in what you're looking for and you'll have all the help you need and then some!

Welcome aboard!

1 person likes this.
  3. VixB86

VixB86 New Egg

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks for that :). We've incubated quail before having this problem but none of them ever survived the first 24 hours but this little one is doing really well considering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Kylea0219

Kylea0219 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2015
    Varysburg, NY
    Look up wing sexing might help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by