New and Question about EGGS

Frenchesca

Hatching
11 Years
May 5, 2008
Hi all I have been a lurker for a bit and decided to jump in today! I have 14 eggs coming and have just finished regulating my LG inc. If you all could help I have some questions!
1. How long do the eggs sit before I pop them in the bator?
2. Should I invest in an egg turner or is turning by hand ok with a LG still air?

Thanks cant wait to meet everyone!!
Frenchesca:)

Let them sit 6-12 hours, large end up, to let the airsac settle.
I have an LG, too, and I tell you what... the turner makes it 100 times better! The still air loses a lot of heat/humidity quickly and doesn't get it back fast, so the less you have to open it, the better. I finally sprang for a turner, and I couldn't be happier. I would suggest a better thermometer, though, if you don't already have one... the one that comes with it is kind of cheesy and not very accurate.
smile.png

Good luck!
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!

I ditto the turner - if you can possibly swing it, it wil make your life a lot easier, and probably help your hatch rate since you basically will not have to open the bator but a couple times until it's time to set for hatching.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. I think I will get the turner........ I bought the flukers digital temp/hygrometer, says the humidity is 45% and temp in the air is 101.9 the water weasel says the temp is 100.1 ( can u tell I have been reading!! lol) how do these numbers sound?

Thanks
Frenchesca

If you can tweak it down just a tiny bit... the water wiggler should be as close to 99.5 as possible. But that's not bad at all! You HAVE been reading!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom