1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NEW AND SCARED HELP HELP HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by three21, Nov 20, 2015.

1. three21

three21 New Egg

Nov 20, 2015
    OK so I have had my chickens for about 3 weeks now and Monday I found my roo dead and then I go out this am and found one of my hens dead as well. I only had 4 bantam chickens to start with, my father inlaw raises them and built me a coop and gave some of his chickens now he hasn't had an issues with them being sick or anything. he transported them to me which is a 2 hr drive. I noticed this am that the one dead had diarehha I haven't changed there food and they always have clean water and the free range in there area through out the day and they go to there coop at night, I live in south Carolina midlands area and he is from up north near the north Carolina border. I don't know what else to do so please help if you can so I don't lose my other 2. they were out in the yard this am acting normal and they are all out during the day acting normal so I have no idea why they are dying and I found out I gotta change their roosting limb since its a cedar limb
    thank you for everything in advance
    Alicia

2. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    are you sure they are not being attacked?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by