New (and unsure) in AZ :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KittyInAZ, Dec 11, 2010.

1. KittyInAZ

KittyInAZ New Egg

Dec 11, 2010
    Hi I'm Catherine and I live in Mesa, AZ. I've been tossing the idea back and forth about getting some BYC. My boyfriend is all for the idea, but now we just have to ask our neighbors if it's OK with them. I know one will say yes for sure, the one on the other side of me, really not quite sure what they will say. The 3 behind us, we don't know, but we're going to ask them too.

If we do this, we're hopin to get a couple of the fun looking ones with the feathery feet and/or head. The kids would love them lol.

Anyway, there's my introduction [​IMG] Hello forum!

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us! I hope all of your neighbors agree. Chickens are alot of fun!!

3. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Go for it!! You'll all have a lot of fun with it...you'll be amazed!! [​IMG]

4. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Usually neighbors are alright with hens, they don't appreciate the early morning wake up calls of roo's. [​IMG]

5. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Peipooch

Peipooch Out Of The Brooder

Welcome to BYC! Just make sure you check the ordinances in your area. Our next door neighbor was definitely NOT easy going about the idea of chickens (she even had the town cop come out and measure the distance from the coop to her house), the other neighbors really like them. Guess who gets eggs? Just make sure you're within the ordinances for your area (our coop has to be 75 ft. from a neighbor's house). We also don't have roosters and we keep the coop/run very clean. [​IMG]

8. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Welcome! Raising chickens can be such a fantastic family thing. OUr family has really had so much fun with it. Good luck.

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A warm welcome from an imp in Washington

Good luck with your quest

Imp

10. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by