New Angels

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by OzawkieBantams, Apr 17, 2011.

1. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    I feel much better today after finding these babies today.

Archangels Pigeon's

[​IMG]

2. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    How long must I pen these up before release ?

Do I have to wait till they have babies?

What kind of flyer are they?

So on and so on

Daren

3. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    well the hen layed a egg on the floor of the quarantine pen, so I placed it under a show king who is sitting on a nest . I hope it's fertile.

4. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Keep them in for 3 or 4 weeks so they get used to the place. They are a show breed so there should be no problems actually "breaking" them to the loft, it's just you want them to be comfortable so they won't hesitate to come back in when you want them to [​IMG] They aren't a flying breed so they may not do much more than a lap or two around the house when showing off or spooked.

5. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:Well the guy I got them from told me NOT to let them out that they would NOT come back, but you know it is not easy to believe these folks as they are trying to make their buck. So This is why I was asking for some info , because the same as the Show king Pigeons there is not much info on these bird's

daren

6. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    i don't have many answers for your questions... but OMG i want a pair of archangel pigeons... those are my dream pigeons... there aren't any breeders in my neck of the woods... gonna have to check the auctions and such... [​IMG]

7. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:I knew almost nothing of them till March 19 of this year when I seen them at a auction then I fell in love with them. I told myself "SELF FIND YOU A PAIR OF ARCHANGEL PIGEONS" so I did. ...........LOL!

8. frenchfurn

frenchfurn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    I don't think your guy steered you wrong. These are a fancy breed and aren't usually flown. If you want to turn them out just to watch them, then keep them in for about a month before you turn them out. Just be aware that they don't have the ability to avoid predators like homers or rollers. I live in kansas too and hawks are a big problem. I don't let my birds out because every time I do I lose birds. My advice would be to keep them penned up and enjoy them for what they are.

9. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:So you think it's a bad idea to ever let them out ?
    that bites [​IMG]

10. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    I love archangels ! Very Pretty !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by