New arivals!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Icthusa, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Icthusa

Icthusa Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2008
    Hello all! I'm soooo excited I just recieved my newest batch of chickens from MM. I ordered 25 of the bargan special straight run and ended up with 51 chicks!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] They sent me extras for free!!! Now what am I going to do? [​IMG] I like that they were for free but 51! Here is a pic of the newest additions.
    [​IMG]

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    hot dang! what a deal!

and look how cute and fluffy.

Looks like you got some layers and some fryers then.

me,
    g

3. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    [​IMG]I can't hardly wait, mine is supposed to be here tomorrow or the next day. Did MM send you a email or did you just get a phone call from the post office?

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Ohhh i think i spot a banty polish dead center the little dark one. Some RIRs, leghorns and EEs.

5. Icthusa

Feb 29, 2008
    True, but my concern is where am I going to keep them... I only have so much room and so many chicks.
    They are cute though! Ahhh
    I have to go out to the garage and get my "chick fix" daily. They make me laugh with all of the running around and other antics!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Sweet looking group love the fuzzy butts

7. Icthusa

Feb 29, 2008
    Quote:I was expecting them and the post office was about to call me when I stopped by to pick them up.

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:if you want some real fun., buy a tub of small mealworms and throw them in one atta time. Its a hood when they play keep away.

9. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    I cant wait i ordered the brown layers special (25 of thse) and then 5 more.

10. Icthusa

Feb 29, 2008
    Quote:if you want some real fun., buy a tub of small mealworms and throw them in one atta time. Its a hood when they play keep away.

I can just see it! 50 chicks after one meal worm, almost makes you sorry for the one meal worm... almost...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by