New Arizona flock

Dirt4dinner

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 2, 2011
I figured I better introduce myself, since I am about to spend many hours reading through this site!

My wife and I bought a new house in the East Valley of the Phoenix Metro area about 8 weeks ago. We have been talking about chickens since before we bought this house (we looked at a house with a coop when we were shopping).

We have taken many hours reading up on this site and others about how to get our flock started and it all came together this weekend. We bought a slightly used coop on Craigslist yesterday. I spent the morning, adding a few screws, a roost bar, and re-shingling the roof.

We picked up four beautiful hens this afternoon! We got two Buffs, two B.Rocks, and one Delaware. They are all between 20 and 25 weeks, and very attractive!

Today has been introduction day to our large backyard, and our dogs...and our tortoise!

It was a reliefe to see the dogs were only slightly intersted...and actually comical to see that the tortoise was the most curious. He walked all over the yard trying to get close to the flock. Thankfully all they have to do is walk away...he is a tortoise after all!

Anyways, today was great and we are super excited about our new flock.

Thanks already for the great tips.

welcome-byc.gif
D.gif

Welcome to the area from another new outlaw city chicken rancher...Somewhere south of South Mountain.

Regards, Coop.

Back
Top Bottom