1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New around here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kitten3571c, Apr 13, 2016.

1. kitten3571c

kitten3571c New Egg

Apr 13, 2016
    I'm not new to chickens just starting my own flock ... I've 26 chicks most are 6 weeks old except I have 8 week olds ... I bought myself for mother day 4 bourbon turkey eggs and 4 India blue peafowl eggs ... They ate on day 4 in the incubator... I'm New to turkey and peafowl but very excited to hatch them ...

I'm open to all advice on incubating a and/or turkey and peafowl....

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think you need to ask your questions now of the turkey people post on the "Turkey thread," and on the Peafowl folks at "Peafowl thread." You don't want to get them off on the wrong foot. I don't know if you are using one incubator or two. Turkey & Peafowl may have very different needs in regard to temps & humidity and also length of time to hatch.

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I've never raised turkey or peafowl but you'll be able to find the information on the forums drumstick diva mentions.

Good luck, thanks for joining us!

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] nice to have you join us. Good luck with your new flock and the hatching.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by