New at BYC

chickalicia

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 14, 2015
Bakersfield ca
Hello everyone. I have bout six months ago started with my 5 hens and one rooster. Very excited to hopefully have my first batch of baby chicks soon. I was raised with chickens, rabbits, a cow and goats. I have wanted to have my children and grandchildren have some of the same experiences I have had growing up with animals. I've never had chickens go broody growing up. So very excited to see them go broody. I have purchased ( well my LH did) an incubator to also experience watching chicks hatch that way. I have recently posted a problem Iam having. Hopefully someone will be able to help me with it. Very excited to be here!!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

We got our chickens and rooster from a man who has a strong accent so it's hard to fully understand what he says at times. I know he said the rooster and one hen are Asian. The others Iam not too positive. Would love to find out
1f60c.png

Back
Top Bottom