New at hatching need help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by darrell8, May 27, 2008.

1. darrell8

darrell8 Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2008
    I am new to posting here but have been reading on here for a couple days and I believe you all can help me with something.

I have a little giant incubator. I have 11 eggs in it and 21 days is tomorrow. I took them out of the turner on the 18 day and placed them on the wire bottom. When I came home from work today I had 2 eggs that was pipped that was at about 3:20 pm it is now 8:35pm and they have not made the pips much larger then when I came home. I can see thru the glass one of the chicks moving in the egg the other one I can see the egg rocking every now and then. The water trays on the bottom are full and the temp. is 100. I have several more eggs moving around on the wire bottom and can hear chicks peeping in the eggs. Should I be worried seeing how long it has been and not much has changed with the two eggs that are pipped?

2. darrell8

May 27, 2008
    Been reading a few other post while waiting on someone to reply to mine. I was wondering I don't have anything to read the humidity do you think I should put a wet wash cloth in with my eggs?

3. darrell8

May 27, 2008
    my five year old little girl is driving me crazy with these eggs. She has been standing over the bator all afternoon watching. She loves to mess with her chickens,dogs,miniture horses, and goats. I think she was suppose to be a boy lol. I love her to death though.

4. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Don't open the incubator now. They can pip then wait (just to drive you bonkers). Tomorrow is Day 21, so you still have time.

Did you fill the bottom trays in your incubator? If not, and even still, you may need t find some gadget or tubing to get water in there-without opening the incubator.

Good luck, and sit on your hands. Glad your daughter is there to enjoy the hatch...(have her sit on her hands, too. [​IMG] )

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    It looks like things are moving along fine. The pip can take 24 hours before it is totally zipped so maybe by morning you might have some chicks. Good luck.

6. darrell8

May 27, 2008
    Thanks for your help that makes me fill a little better I just didnt' want for them not to hatch seeing how my little one has waited this long on them to hatch. I will let you all know what happens.

7. darrell8

May 27, 2008
    Well I was awaken about 1am this morning with baby chicks peeping. The wife and little one all was awaken by them. We had 2 out of the egg. Whe I got back up at 530am we had 3 out when I got home from work at 320pm there is 5 out and two more eggs are pipped. My little one is wound tight. counting the two that are pipped we have 6 eggs to hatch left and today is just 21 days.

8. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    Wow! Sounds like everything is going great. Congratulations on your new babies!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. tommijo

tommijo Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2008
    EGG TEMP. 98 BATOR AIR TEMP 100 IS THIS OKAY

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by