New at incubating

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by foggytop24328, Jan 21, 2015.

1. foggytop24328

foggytop24328 New Egg

Jan 21, 2015
    My husband and I decided to try our hand at incubating eggs. After researching incubators he built one. He's so proud he wanted to show it off. Since this is my first time I'm not expecting any results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I don't think I'd even attempt to make my own....lol Positive thoughts!!! Lots of people have very good first hatches. If the bator works as good as it looks then you should see some little fuzzy butts before long! Just remember, still air bators incubate at 101-102 degrees and circulated at 99.5. Keep on eye on the eggs air cells to know if your humidity is sufficient and use more than one calibrated thermometer. If you aren't using an egg turner turn at LEAST 3x's a day, more is better but always an odd number before you leave them for bed. And we will be keeping our fingers crossed! [​IMG]

Also, make sure you have vent holes in the bator. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome
    Glad you could join the flock! Great advice there for you from AmyLynn. Wishing you the very best of luck with your first incubation of eggs :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by